The Sanilac Consortium for the Arts Presents:
"Folkies to Flower Power and the Birth of Pop"
Saturday - June 27th - 12 to 6pm
Sanilac County Museum, Port Sanilac
Benefiting the Sanilac County Historical Society
Come celebrate the songs of the 1960’s at five performance areas:
- Groove to the group sounds at the “Happening” stage under the big tent. This is a huge tent with chairs setup underneath.
- Drop in to the historic church for groups performing 60's music and performers singing songs from 60's artists. This is an indoor air-conditioned venue with chairs for everyone.
- Join the peace movement at the schoolhouse where"Love-Ins" are performed by artists singing the songs of favorite 60's artists. This is a covered venue with an intimate atmosphere.
- Relax to the acoustic sounds at the "Greenwich Village" stage where musicians will be performing intimate songs from 60's artists.
- Get together at the railroad depot for "Sit-ins" where host musicians with the audience “jam” together on 60’s themes. This is an indoor venue setup with chairs in a circle so everone can join in.
All venues are protected so, come rain or shine we can jam (we are, of course, hoping for shine).
There is plenty of room on the scenic museum grounds to do your own thing, so bring an instrument and add to the good vibrations.
Note: Tickets are available in advance at a discounted price this year.
From March 1st thru April 30 they are only $10 and you can get them at: Eventbright
After April 30th they will be available at the door for $15.
Along with the Sanilac Consortium for the Arts, the festival is made possible by:
Sanilac County Historic Village & Museum
Sound on the "Happening Stage", "Love In Stage" and "Greenwich Village Stage" is being provided by:
"Your Sound Solution for GREAT Live Sound"
Sound on the "Alice's Restaurant Stage" is being provided by: